We've created a few short, in-browser tutorials using the Katacoda platform to get you up and running quickly depending on your level.
The courses are written in NodeJS, however, extensive experience with the language will not be required for the workshop.
NOTE: To complete the workshop, you will need to authenticate with GitHub, Google, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Getting Started with Pactflow
In this tutorial, we guide you through getting started with Pact and Pactflow.
You will create your first contract, publish it to Pactflow and verify it on your provider.
Ultimately, our goal is to get you up and integrated with Pactflow as quickly as possible!
- Learn the basic concepts of Pact.
- Get hands-on experience with the key aspects of writing, publishing and verifying pacts.
- See how Pactflow fits into the picture so that you can get up and running quickly.
You can complete the course at https://katacoda.com/pact/scenarios/pactflow-getting-started-js.
Gating deployments with Pactflow
In the scenario, we extend the workshop from above, learning how to gate deployments using the
can-i-deploy tool in the process.
Learne how to prevent releasing incompatible changes to production, by using integrating
can-i-deploy into your CI/CD process.
- Build on a basic contract testing example
- Learn how Pactflow fits into the picture
- Understand important Pact CLI tools
- Learn how deployments work with Pactflow
You can complete the course at https://katacoda.com/pact/scenarios/pactflow-can-i-deploy-js.