This is an example of a Python consumer using Pact to create a consumer driven contract, and sharing it via Pactflow.
It is using a public tenant on Pactflow, which you can access here using the credentials
O5AIZWxelWbLvqMd8PkAVycBJh2Psyg1. The latest version of the Example Consumer/Example Provider pact is published here.
The project uses a Makefile to simulate a very simple build pipeline with two stages - test and deploy.
- Run tests (including the pact tests that generate the contract)
- Publish pacts, tagging the consumer version with the name of the current branch
- Check if we are safe to deploy to prod (ie. has the pact content been successfully verified)
- Deploy (only from master)
- Deploy app (just pretend for the purposes of this example!)
- Tag the deployed consumer version as 'prod'
See the Pactflow CI/CD Workshop.
To run the tests locally, run:
To run the "fake ci" task:
export PACT_BROKER_BASE_URL=https://test.pactflow.ioexport PACT_BROKER_USERNAME=dXfltyFMgNOFZAxr8io9wJ37iUpY42Mexport PACT_BROKER_PASSWORD=O5AIZWxelWbLvqMd8PkAVycBJh2Psyg1make fake_ci